"An artist doesn't make mistakes. Just happy little accidents" - Bob Ross
Our Weekly Program is an ongoing course with a set syllabus which begins with fundamental strokes and patterns, sketching of basic birds, animals and human figures in the Indian folk style, practice with brush and paint and completion of painting projects under the supervision of the maven artist.
Duration: 1 hour per session
Frequency: Weekly once (Monday - Friday)
Timings: 6 PM onward
Location: Multiple locations (Bothell - 3 / Redmond)
FAQs - Regular Weekly Program
Thank you for your interest in Classes at Deepti Designs.
Please find some FAQs below which should provide an idea of our Weekly Art Program. Feel free to reach out to us if there are any queries that haven't been answered here.
1. What’s the class-pattern?
We start with sketching with pencil on paper. The kids practice some basic shapes and strokes in 2-3 classes after which we start a project which they draw and paint free hand all by themselves. This project will include the shapes and strokes that they would have practiced in the first few classes. After this, they are again given slightly more advanced shapes for next 2-3 classes and a more complicated painting project thereafter. This is a continuous process of the class. However, to break the monotony and have them learn some variety, we introduce different art styles every once in a while like Warli art or Modern style or some interesting crafts.
2. Duration of the class?
1 hour every week
3. Where are your locations?
- Redmond Location – Igimo Art Station, 7829 168th Ave NE, Redmond
- Bothell Location 1– at Home Studio, Bothell Everett Highway. Near Chevron Gas Station
- Bothell Location 2 – Hollyhills Clubhouse, 19200 Hollyhills Dr NE, Bothell, WA 98011
4. What are the days and hours?
- Monday through Friday - 6:00 pm onwards.
- Please check with us on current availability in the batches.
5. What is the teacher:student ratio?
Maximum of 6 students in a session with 1 teacher
6. What’s the fee for the weekly program?
- $75 / 4 hours (1 hour per week)
- Fee is collected on a monthly basis and should be paid on or before the first class of every month
- Fee is non-refundable and does not include supplies.
7. What do they need to bring?
Students need to carry their pencil bag, few sheets of printer paper in a folder or a sketchbook (if they have one) and a ruler (if already available). Other than these, we do provide required supplies for first 4 classes within which we assess the skill level of the student and recommend the right medium/supplies which the parents can subsequently buy
8. How to make-up missed classes?
All the classes conducted will be charged. Absence from a class be can be made-up in one of the other classes either at Redmond or Bothell locations and must be done within 4 weeks of the missed class. We reserve the right to refuse make-up classes due to unavailability of spots.
9. Other relevant information –
- We try and maintain punctuality for best use of class time and encourage parents to drop-off kids no later than 5 minutes of starting time.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any participant who poses a disciplinary problem or disrupts class
- Parents (or an allocated responsible adult) must be contactable at all times during class
- We do take photographs occasionally of the class and artworks of students. These maybe used at our annual “Young Artists Showcase” or sometimes for websites or other advertising and publicity purposes. We reserve the right to publish any photographs of children working in class and/or artwork created by them - If you do not wish for your child to be photographed, please inform us before the commencement of your child’s first class
10. Registration -
Registration is a two-step process.
A. Form - Please fill up the online form here
B. Fee - Fee can be paid in Cash, Check or Paypal. Let us know your preferred mode and we will be happy to send the details.
Registration will be complete upon payment of the fee.
Pictures from the classes can be viewed here